Thursday, March 12, 2009

Old Lady Chairs


We have a little nook area off our kitchen that we call the Sun Room. Most recently it has been the home of a tall pub table with two stools and an overstuffed chair and ottoman. The initial idea was that it was supposed to look like a little French bistro, but the effect never quite happened and I always hated the overstuffed chair. So, several weeks ago, while sitting up late one night on my computer, I came across a set of chairs that I instantly fell in love with. I loved the style. I loved the fabric. I was ready for a change, so I ordered them as well as a matching ottoman. My kids were immediately appalled and dubbed them, “Old Lady Chairs”. I’m not an old lady, so I don’t see how my chairs can be Old Lady Chairs – I think they’d more appropriately be called Vibrant, Glad-to-be-my-Age Lady Chairs. Whatever they’re called, I don’t really care. I’m writing this from the comfort of my Old Lady Chair and I love it. The point is, when I walk into the kitchen and glance over at the nook, a sweet feeling goes through me and I smile. Pleasing to my eyes, comfortable to my body and smile-provoking – hard to ask more than that of a chair!

2 comments:

David said...

Myself, and my fellow PSU students agree, they are old lady chairs. They may be comfy, but they don't seem like "Debbie Chairs".

amy said...

Sometimes its good to do things out of the ordinary. Sometimes moms need things that only appeal to them. A nice place for solace is a good thing. Enjoy the old lady chairs knowing that YOU AREN'T IN ANY WAY AN OLD LADY!!!!